The Canadian artist and tattooed model Rick Genest, best known by the moniker Zombie Boy, was in Matt Barne’s studio today for a shoot for The Sharp Book For Men. Supplied with a headdress created by Kristi of Sweet Pea’s Flowers, consisting of amaranthus flowers, feathers, dried flower pods, nails, fishhooks & razor blades, Matt & Rick took to the set, and the results are, if not undead, at least unreal.
When one takes on a zombie, one must be well armed and Matt was — with a fancy Phase One camera system and an IQ 180 digital back supplied by Jim Anderson of Toronto’s B3K Digital.
Have you seen these articles?
Keep in touch!
Sign up to receive email updates when new posts are added to CanPhoto.Net!
Show Off Your Work!
Would you like to show off some of your latest photographs, an innovative marketing piece, or a behind the scenes video of a recent shoot? We're always looking for quality content from Canadian photographers to feature on our homepage, and by submitting your work you can get some great exposure and a link back to your site. Please visit our submissions page for more info.
Join us on Facebook!
- Toronto photographer Mark Zibert shoots “Unstoppable” campaign for Paralympics (5,911)
- In The Dollhouse: Dina Goldstein imagines the troubled relationship of dolls (3,700)
- Nikon Canada announces D800 36.3-megapixel digital SLR (1,293)
- Canadian photographer Bruce LaBruce ignites fury in Spain with “Obscenity” (1,142)
- Nikon Announces New FX-Format D4 Multimedia Digital SLR (480)
- Ian Ruhter photographs Canadian band Metric with 8×10 wet plate collodion process (380)
- FUJIFILM Canada announces X-Pro1 interchangeable lens digital camera system (312)
- Nikon announces SB-910 Speedlight flash (310)
- Vancouver photographer brings plastic to life with fantastic Living Dolls series of photos (296)
- Photographer produces year-long exposure of Toronto skyline (295)
- Sook-Yin Lee brings photography to TIFF 2012 http://t.co/IauTGN6b via @blogto about 12 hours ago
- You can now donate to help robbed photographer Steve Gerecke buy new equipment, including a specialized wheelchair. http://t.co/ErJzp15y about 2 days ago
- Shooting with the D800? Have you noticed the new unique shaped USB port? Tether Tools has 15 ft cable. http://t.co/xSWOXWvy about 2 days ago
- Ottawa photographer's van, equipment, wheelchair stolen - Yahoo! News Canada http://t.co/idkyHvUs via @yahoocanadanews about 4 days ago
- Say cheese! Celebs offer up photo secrets http://t.co/HrtS4ert via @metrotoronto about 4 days ago
- Canadian landscape photographer @kyle_mcdougall shows us 5 of his favorite places to photograph in Eastern Canada. http://t.co/vBiGlgNv about 5 days ago
- Apple buys back old devices in new recycling program. It it's worth anything you get gift card, if not it's recycled. http://t.co/cK3An734 about 8 days ago
- @bryanadams talks photography and music in Lifestyler Mag. Full interview online http://t.co/OQpYmng6 about 8 days ago
- What Twitter teaches us about writing & 7 people who get it right http://t.co/scgOkoDL about 8 days ago
- @TOfilmfest Thanks for the retweet! I've found two Canadian freelance photogs who are working #TIFF12, but there must be more. about 9 days ago
- Follow Us On Twitter
- Hello from Kawartha Lakes!
- Who's covering TIFF this year?
- New Yorker says hello
- New logo - any thoughts?
- CanPhoto Kits - Looking for submissions for new feature
- Revised "About" page and big thanks to Alastair and Peter
- Luck Favours the Prepared
- Question regarding commercial use of photos
- New this week: Street Fashion, Nikon, Impermanence, and Kitsch
- Greetings! - From Sudbury
- Verbal contracts matter!
- Hello, from Toronto
- Questions you'd ask a photographer you admire?
- Two new contributors this week!
- Hello from New Brunswick
- Toronto photographer Mark Zibert shoots “Unstoppable” campaign for Paralympics (3)
- Photographing children: Melissa Avey shares six tips to help you get the perfect picture (2)
- Montréal photographer shoots self-portraits with 17 years of digital cameras (1)
- Ian Ruhter photographs Canadian band Metric with 8×10 wet plate collodion process (1)
- Canadian photographers honoured at National Magazine Awards (1)
- In The Dollhouse: Dina Goldstein imagines the troubled relationship of dolls (1)
- Bret Culp discovers beauty in impermanence (1)
- Behind the scenes with Martin Prihoda and cricket star Virat Kohli for OK! India (1)
- Two photographers from Canada and two from Britain shortlisted for $50,000 Grange Prize (1)
- Documentary featuring Canadian journalists short-listed for an Academy Award (1)