Go Back   CanPhoto Forums - Professional Canadian Photography Discussions > Canphoto Community Forums > News and Announcements

Old Mar 30/12, 06:40 PM   #1
andrewr
Founder & Administrator

Andrew Ross
Toronto

Images for our facebook cover photo?

Does anyone wants to contribute some great images for use as our new facebook cover photo? Please let me know if you're interested. It would be great to see some of our member's work up there!

Thanks,

Andrew
andrewr is offline   Reply With Quote

Old Apr 4/12, 06:10 PM   #2
Moving Pictures

Vern Faulkner
St. Stephen, NB

How would we do that?
Moving Pictures is offline   Reply With Quote

Old Apr 4/12, 06:25 PM   #3
andrewr
Founder & Administrator

Andrew Ross
Toronto

Sorry, I guess that was a little vague. If you haven't liked our facebook page yet, you can find it here: http://www.facebook.com/CanPhoto.Net

I thought the easiest way for me to get them was for people to post an image to our wall, and then I could choose it as the cover photo. However, that didn't seem to work for the one I did this week. I actually had to download it to my computer and then re-upload it. So it might be easier if you send me a message via facebook and attach a picture, or you can also email me something. My address is andrew [a] canphoto.net

Cover photos should be cropped to 851x315, and it's probably a good idea to put your copyright in the bottom right corner.

I can't promise I'll pick every image people send me, but I'd certainly like to see some submissions.

Thanks,

Andrew

Old Apr 5/12, 05:33 AM   #4
Moving Pictures

Vern Faulkner
St. Stephen, NB

Herm.... best images I've captured recently are verticals... sports being my thing, as it were.
Moving Pictures is offline   Reply With Quote

Old Apr 5/12, 06:48 AM   #5
andrewr
Founder & Administrator

Andrew Ross
Toronto

That's the thing with the new fb cover photos. Only certain images will work cropped to that format.
Sponsored Links

Old Apr 18/12, 08:26 AM   #6
andrewr
Founder & Administrator

Andrew Ross
Toronto

I'm still looking for submissions if anyone is interested in sharing images for the cover photo on our Facebook page. I've received three very nice photos of birds from FB members, which I will use in the future, but I'd really like to see some variety and want to showcase more than just nature photos.

Thanks,

Andrew