Go Back   CanPhoto Forums - Professional Canadian Photography Discussions > Canphoto Community Forums > News and Announcements

Old Feb 24/12, 11:36 AM   #1
andrewr
Founder & Administrator

Andrew Ross
Toronto

Show us some link love please

As most people know, links drive the internet and can seriously influence a web site's popularity and search engine ranking. I was just checking Alexa.com to see how many sites are linking to CanPhoto.Net and there are currently 59.

I'd really appreciate it if our members could help us increase that number (it would great to double it) by putting a link to us on your website or blog.

If you would like a link back to your own site, you can include one in your signature when you post in these forums, in a comment to posts on our homepage, or you can add one to your profile. I may also try to come up with a dedicated page that provides links to members' sites.

Thanks very much and if you add a link to your site please try and let me know by posting here as well.

Cheers,

Andrew
andrewr is offline   Reply With Quote

Old Feb 24/12, 07:15 PM   #2
Stephen_Caissie

Stephen Caissie
Toronto

I don't have a blog (although I really should, by now), but I did mention you on Twitter. Hope that helps.
Stephen_Caissie is offline   Reply With Quote

Old Feb 24/12, 07:39 PM   #3
andrewr
Founder & Administrator

Andrew Ross
Toronto

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen_Caissie View Post
I don't have a blog (although I really should, by now), but I did mention you on Twitter. Hope that helps.
That's great! Thank you for the tweet and thanks for reminding me about the ever important social media. Links back to us via Twitter, Facebook, Google+, Linkedin, etc, are helpful too.

Old Feb 26/12, 05:19 PM   #4
ChrisP

Chris Purves
Prince George BC

Hi Andrew:- I agree that links are important for our sites to work. I've seen photographer's websites that are linked to photography sites. On forums like Canphoto we have all seen and participated in threads that comment on a customer problem or situation. I don't want my customers to find any posts like that.
Both my sites are very specific. The dog show site is only for my dog show customers, and the studio site is for my studio and local customers. I am in the process of redesigning them both to update and allow more interaction with my customers. I don't want my customers to see what I or other photographers are saying about customers on a professional forum. We need to try and keep our business relations with our customers seperate from our interactions with our peers. I read this forum and some others because I learn from some of the stories that are told. Both good and bad outcomes. It's a type of peer interaction that we can have away from our customers so we can all do better in what we do.
Cheers
Chris
ChrisP is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links

Old Feb 27/12, 03:23 PM   #5
andrewr
Founder & Administrator

Andrew Ross
Toronto

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisP View Post
Hi Andrew:- I agree that links are important for our sites to work. I've seen photographer's websites that are linked to photography sites. On forums like Canphoto we have all seen and participated in threads that comment on a customer problem or situation. I don't want my customers to find any posts like that.
Thanks for your feedback Chris. I certainly understand what you're saying and just wanted to point out that our business forums are private and can only be viewed by registered members of this site.

However, we all know that nothing on the internet is completely private or secure and I don't think it's ever a good idea to use a customer's name in any online discussion.

Cheers,

Andrew