PLEASE READ: Registration to this forum is free, but due to the professional nature of the discussions anonymous posting is not allowed. As part of this registration you will be asked to provide your real, full name and a brief description of your professional experience or your background in photography. All information will be reviewed by an administrator before your registration is approved. We make every effort to approve membership requests promptly, but it may take 24-48 hours.
We do insist that you abide by the rules and policies detailed
below. If you agree to the terms, please check the 'I agree' checkbox and press the 'Register' button below. If you would like to cancel the registration, click here
to return to the forums index.
1. Introduction: Welcome to CanPhoto.Net (the "Service"), a web site owned and operated by Andrew Ross (the "Proprietor"). Your use of the Service is subject to these Terms of Service ("TOS"). The Proprietor reserves the right to update and change the TOS from time to time without notice or acceptance by you. You can review the most current version of the TOS at any time at http://www.canphoto.net/forums/faq.php. This agreement ("Agreement") between You and the Proprietor consists of these Terms of Service. "You" means any person or entity who uses the Service and/or posts Content to the Service. By using the Service and/or posting Content you agree to be bound by the terms and condition of this Terms of Service.
2. Information Rights: The Proprietor does not claim ownership of Content you submit or make available for inclusion in any forums, image critique areas, photo sharing systems, or other posting areas on the Service. However, by submitting the material, You grant The Service and its successors or assigns a perpetual non-exclusive world-wide royalty-free license to publish that material on the World Wide Web as part of the The Service’s web site.
3. Objectionable or offensive material: Although the administrators and moderators of CanPhoto Forums - Professional Canadian Photography Discussions will attempt to keep all objectionable
messages off this forum, it is impossible for us to review all messages. All messages express the views of the author, and the owners of CanPhoto Forums - Professional Canadian Photography Discussions will not be held responsible for the content of any message. By agreeing to these rules, you warrant that you will not post any messages that are obscene, vulgar, sexually-oriented, hateful, threatening, or otherwise violative of any laws.
3. Personal attacks: Criticize ideas, not people. No member is allowed to engage in public personal attacks on any other member. Personal attacks are defined as Personal, Racial, Ethnic, and/or Gender based insults, slurs, or derisive comments. All complaints need to be communicated privately to an Administrator or Moderator using either the Personal Messenger (PM) and/or E-Mail, who will pass it on. In the event of this, the offending post(s) will be edited or removed, and the offending party shall receive no more than two (2) private Moderator or Administrator warnings via PM and/or E-Mail, and one final Administration warning. If the behaviour continues, the member will be banned for a week, and upon a repeat incident, banned permanently.
4. Private Discussions: Certain areas of The Service are provided for members only and you may not forward any private discussions or content to non-members. Anyone found doing this could be banned from The Service without notice.
5. Copyrighted Material: You will not use The Service to violate anyone's copyright, trademark, intellectual property rights, or privacy rights. The content which you submit must be Your work in its entirety. Do not post other's phone numbers, addresses, pictures, or other copyrighted material, without their permission.
6. Advertising and Promotions: Blatant soliciting, advertising or promotion of commercial products, services, events, etc, will not tolerated. All posts of a commercial nature must be pre-approved by an Administrator or Moderator.
7. Site Access: The Proprietor reserve the right to deny access to any member at our discretion, and/or remove, edit, move or close any thread for any reason.
8. Subscriptions and Paid Services: Paid Subscriptions are available to members who wish to provide financial support to CanPhoto.Net. Subscribers may be, and currently are, provided with a bundle of privileges and services on CanPhoto.Net during the term of the subscription, which are superior to the privileges and services of non-Subscribers. CanPhoto.Net reserves the right to eliminate or alter the bundle of privileges and services pertaining to subscriber status at any time, without notice. Your subscription payment creates no implied contract on the part of CanPhoto.Net to maintain the content, services, and features of the Site as they were at the time you subscribed, or to maintain you in the user classes to which you were assigned at the time of your subscription, or to maintain the privileges, services, and Site features of those classes. Nor does it limit CanPhoto.Net's editorial and curatorial control of the Site in any way. We reserve the right to deny You access to the Site, notwithstanding your subscriber status, for the same reasons that we may deny access to non-subscribers, at our discretion. In such event, we shall be liable for no more than a refund of your subscription amount, pro-rated by the time remaining in the subscription term. If you are banned because you violated these TOS, CanPhoto.Net will not refund any unused portion of your subscription payments.
7. Indemnity: You agree to indemnify and hold the Proprietor, and its subsidiaries, affiliates, officers, agents, co-branders or other partners, and employees, harmless from any claim or demand, including reasonable attorneys' fees, made by any third party due to or arising out of Content you submit, post, transmit or make available through the Service, your use of the Service, your connection to the Service, your violation of the TOS, or your violation of any rights of another.