Canadian documentary photographer, and member of the VII Photo Agency, Donald Weber talks about the tension between economic hard times for photographers and the growing interest in photography.
Weber was one of nine photographers interviewed by PhotoQ regarding the trend toward lower incomes in the profession and increasing interest in, and venues for, photographers’ work (more museums, galleries, magazines, web, phones, tablets). They were participating in the Day of Photography (in Dutch: Dag van de Fotografie) at the Amsterdam venue of Pakhuis De Zwijger on October 21st, 2011, as organised by the agency Hollandse Hoogte. More than 600 people visited interviews, presentations, discussions and other events. To view all the interviews please visit PhotoQ
Have you seen these articles?
Keep in touch!
Sign up to receive email updates when new posts are added to CanPhoto.Net!
Show Off Your Work!
Would you like to show off some of your latest photographs, an innovative marketing piece, or a behind the scenes video of a recent shoot? We're always looking for quality content from Canadian photographers to feature on our homepage, and by submitting your work you can get some great exposure and a link back to your site. Please visit our submissions page for more info.
Join us on Facebook!
- Toronto photographer Mark Zibert shoots “Unstoppable” campaign for Paralympics (5,914)
- In The Dollhouse: Dina Goldstein imagines the troubled relationship of dolls (3,710)
- Nikon Canada announces D800 36.3-megapixel digital SLR (1,297)
- Canadian photographer Bruce LaBruce ignites fury in Spain with “Obscenity” (1,156)
- Nikon Announces New FX-Format D4 Multimedia Digital SLR (480)
- Ian Ruhter photographs Canadian band Metric with 8×10 wet plate collodion process (381)
- FUJIFILM Canada announces X-Pro1 interchangeable lens digital camera system (314)
- Nikon announces SB-910 Speedlight flash (310)
- Vancouver photographer brings plastic to life with fantastic Living Dolls series of photos (296)
- Photographer produces year-long exposure of Toronto skyline (295)
- Just five more followers until we reach 400! about 3 days ago
- Experience the Magic of Film: Introduction to Film Street Photography Workshop (Toronto 9/28-9/30) http://t.co/2fZFBPrM via @erickimphoto about 3 days ago
- Much thx to @ajaniphoto for a great interview with Che Kothari of @Manifesto_TO. Check out the interview and pics. http://t.co/863KoYYN about 3 days ago
- Check out our first CanPhoto Profile! Che Kothari's camera is a tool for social change and community building http://t.co/863KoYYN about 3 days ago
- Sook-Yin Lee brings photography to TIFF 2012 http://t.co/IauTGN6b via @blogto about 4 days ago
- You can now donate to help robbed photographer Steve Gerecke buy new equipment, including a specialized wheelchair. http://t.co/ErJzp15y about 5 days ago
- Shooting with the D800? Have you noticed the new unique shaped USB port? Tether Tools has 15 ft cable. http://t.co/xSWOXWvy about 5 days ago
- Ottawa photographer's van, equipment, wheelchair stolen - Yahoo! News Canada http://t.co/idkyHvUs via @yahoocanadanews about 7 days ago
- Say cheese! Celebs offer up photo secrets http://t.co/HrtS4ert via @metrotoronto about 7 days ago
- Canadian landscape photographer @kyle_mcdougall shows us 5 of his favorite places to photograph in Eastern Canada. http://t.co/vBiGlgNv about 8 days ago
- Follow Us On Twitter
- Hello from Kawartha Lakes!
- Who's covering TIFF this year?
- New Yorker says hello
- New logo - any thoughts?
- CanPhoto Kits - Looking for submissions for new feature
- Revised "About" page and big thanks to Alastair and Peter
- Luck Favours the Prepared
- New this week: Street Fashion, Nikon, Impermanence, and Kitsch
- Greetings! - From Sudbury
- Hello, from Toronto
- Questions you'd ask a photographer you admire?
- Two new contributors this week!
- Hello from New Brunswick
- Hello from Sault Ste Marie
- Most influential people in Canadian photo industry?
- CanPhoto Profile: Che Kothari’s camera is a tool for community building and social change (7)
- Canadian photographer Bruce LaBruce ignites fury in Spain with “Obscenity” (5)
- Is Print Dead? (3)
- Canon Canada adds new cameras and lenses to the Cinema EOS digital video system (2)
- Bill C-11 receives royal assent: Canadian photographers will finally own copyright of commissioned photos (2)
- Guys in suits — Derek Shapton subverts the traditional corporate portrait (1)
- The Halo Effect: Do we put our heros on a pedestal while ignoring our own potential? (1)
- Caitlin Cronenberg exposes the reality of young women living with multiple sclerosis (1)
- Behind the scenes: Watch as Benjamin Von Wong captures underwater demons (1)
- Twelve Vancouver photographers, three days in May, and one hundred heavily inked models equals one revealing book about tattoos (1)