In this self-produced video, Montreal photographer Benjamin Von Wong talks about his decision to leave a 9-to-5 engineering job in January 2012 to become a photographer. Considering he has been in the business full-time for less than a year now, Von Wong has been very successful and has developed a huge online following. Some of those followers have started asking lots of questions about his transisition from engineering to photography, and how he gets inspired to produce his very innovative photographs.
The video answers many of these questions, but for even more info you can check out the accompanying article he posted on his blog: www.vonwong.com/blog/inspiration/
Have you seen these articles?
Keep in touch!
Sign up to receive email updates when new posts are added to CanPhoto.Net!
Show Off Your Work!
Would you like to show off some of your latest photographs, an innovative marketing piece, or a behind the scenes video of a recent shoot? We're always looking for quality content from Canadian photographers to feature on our homepage, and by submitting your work you can get some great exposure and a link back to your site. Please visit our submissions page for more info.
Join us on Facebook!
- Toronto photographer Mark Zibert shoots “Unstoppable” campaign for Paralympics (5,916)
- In The Dollhouse: Dina Goldstein imagines the troubled relationship of dolls (3,711)
- Nikon Canada announces D800 36.3-megapixel digital SLR (1,300)
- Canadian photographer Bruce LaBruce ignites fury in Spain with “Obscenity” (1,160)
- Nikon Announces New FX-Format D4 Multimedia Digital SLR (480)
- Ian Ruhter photographs Canadian band Metric with 8×10 wet plate collodion process (382)
- FUJIFILM Canada announces X-Pro1 interchangeable lens digital camera system (314)
- Nikon announces SB-910 Speedlight flash (310)
- Vancouver photographer brings plastic to life with fantastic Living Dolls series of photos (296)
- Photographer produces year-long exposure of Toronto skyline (295)
- Benjamin Von Wong on inspiration and leaving his 9-to-5 job to become a photographer http://t.co/bFx1rMAr about 52 mins ago
- Just five more followers until we reach 400! about 4 days ago
- Experience the Magic of Film: Introduction to Film Street Photography Workshop (Toronto 9/28-9/30) http://t.co/2fZFBPrM via @erickimphoto about 4 days ago
- Much thx to @ajaniphoto for a great interview with Che Kothari of @Manifesto_TO. Check out the interview and pics. http://t.co/863KoYYN about 4 days ago
- Check out our first CanPhoto Profile! Che Kothari's camera is a tool for social change and community building http://t.co/863KoYYN about 4 days ago
- Sook-Yin Lee brings photography to TIFF 2012 http://t.co/IauTGN6b via @blogto about 4 days ago
- You can now donate to help robbed photographer Steve Gerecke buy new equipment, including a specialized wheelchair. http://t.co/ErJzp15y about 6 days ago
- Shooting with the D800? Have you noticed the new unique shaped USB port? Tether Tools has 15 ft cable. http://t.co/xSWOXWvy about 6 days ago
- Ottawa photographer's van, equipment, wheelchair stolen - Yahoo! News Canada http://t.co/idkyHvUs via @yahoocanadanews about 8 days ago
- Say cheese! Celebs offer up photo secrets http://t.co/HrtS4ert via @metrotoronto about 8 days ago
- Follow Us On Twitter
- Hello from Kawartha Lakes!
- Who's covering TIFF this year?
- New Yorker says hello
- New logo - any thoughts?
- CanPhoto Kits - Looking for submissions for new feature
- Revised "About" page and big thanks to Alastair and Peter
- Luck Favours the Prepared
- New this week: Street Fashion, Nikon, Impermanence, and Kitsch
- Greetings! - From Sudbury
- Hello, from Toronto
- Questions you'd ask a photographer you admire?
- Two new contributors this week!
- Hello from New Brunswick
- Hello from Sault Ste Marie
- Most influential people in Canadian photo industry?
- Nikon Canada announces D800 36.3-megapixel digital SLR (3)
- Behind the scenes with Martin Prihoda and cricket star Virat Kohli for OK! India (3)
- Canadian photographer Bruce LaBruce ignites fury in Spain with “Obscenity” (2)
- Behind the scenes with Kristian Bogner, Kirk Neff and the Nikon D800 (2)
- Toronto photographer Mark Zibert shoots “Unstoppable” campaign for Paralympics (2)
- Canon 1DX or Nikon D4? Two Toronto wedding photographers make the decision (2)
- Benjamin Von Wong on inspiration and leaving his 9-to-5 job to become a photographer (1)
- Ian Ruhter photographs Canadian band Metric with 8×10 wet plate collodion process (1)
- Brent Gundlock’s latest documentary project examines immigration in Toronto (1)
- Athlete profiles by Finn O’Hara (1)